The SetConsole project is a small BASH script for setting up console (tty) parameters,
like font, ACM, Keyboard LEDs, Cursor style, and so on.
The main difference from other init scripts is that SetConsole is launched from /etc/inittab,
not from /etc/init.d/. It's launched before each login, and for every console.
- Correct display of console fonts and ACM (this is why it started)
- Console autologin
- Different settings for each tty
- Customized display of console attributes (bold,italic,etc)
- Logging console - just specify a log file, and it will be displayed on a free tty
- Customization of keyboard LEDs
- many more console specific parameters.
If you need to specify some parameteres for console, each time you log on,
you should add this to SetConsole. It will affect whole console, independently from user.
Visit our sourceforge page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/setconsole/
Mail me: email@example.com